More Infos about Beta-1 Please

Forum for general chit-chat or off-topic discussion.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

PeterNewman
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby PeterNewman » Tue Oct 26, 2004 00:11

Now if only you'd gotten rid of Regex as well, I'd have been set!

That said, it is possible to get the regex library to build when you have VC7.0 with the "free optimizing compiler" that confuses everything into thinking you have VC7.1 ... just had to figure out the right files for the right environment variables. So I have a library that thinks its 7.1-stlport, heh heh heh. [Edit] I take it back, it tricked me. It said it was using 7.1... but wait! I can outtrick it! Yes, I have counter-tricked it's trick, and I really do have it working.. I think.[/Edit]

It is much faster, good work!

Now, the DX9 Renderer is supposed to be broken, yes?

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Tue Oct 26, 2004 09:34

What's wrong with the D3D9 renderer?

[Edit]
Now if only you'd gotten rid of Regex as well, I'd have been set!

Do you happen to know of any alternative regular expression libraries with a LGPL compatible license? I'd be happy to dump boost in favour of an alternative :)

On a related note, I have been casually considering grabbing the regex library of boost and integrating it completely within the system (so it builds as part of CEGUI, rather than needing it to be externally compiled), though I have not made and decisions about this yet.
[/Edit]

PeterNewman
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby PeterNewman » Wed Oct 27, 2004 03:19

I get errors about files not being included, or not available. Not sure whats going on there. Could very well be me, of course.

I dont mean the DX9 files, I mean in CEGUI. I'll post you my output

Code: Select all

Compiling...
d3d9texture.cpp
c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '\reference\ogre-win32-v0-15-0\cegui_mk2\src\renderers\directx9guirenderer\d3d9texture.cpp': No such file or directory
d3d9renderer.cpp
c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '\reference\ogre-win32-v0-15-0\cegui_mk2\src\renderers\directx9guirenderer\d3d9renderer.cpp': No such file or directory
Generating Code...

Ignoring the paths obviously. Those files arent there. They used to be there when I had a CEGUI from the snapshot downloads, but since I've gotten updates from CVS they have been removed?

Oh, and your VC7.0 make files were missing a few _STLP_DEBUG defines, too.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Wed Oct 27, 2004 09:07

It sounds like you may need to update from CVS or something. The DX9 files are definately there (there was an issue a while back where they were missing, but this is now fixed), and Sinbad already submitted a patch for the VC7.0 _STLP_DEBUG issues.

See if updating helps (or perhaps delete the lot and perform a clean check-out of the CVS code).

CE.

Return to “Offtopic Discussion”