Ok. The initial code was committed last night in:
Note that this is definitely not
supposed to represent a finished version of the rewrite in any way, shape or form. The code in this branch, as with the original rendertarget-devel, is to be considered highly unstable and experimental. Basically, until the code gets merged into trunk and represents the 'current development code', I'm really not that interested in hearing about any issues you might have, so there's not a lot of point coming here and reporting 'obvious' issues and bugs, or moaning about other things because you will either be ignored or perhaps verbally abused - depending on the way I feel at the time
I have successfully built and run things on all three supported platforms, though today I see a 'fix' for Windows flaky GL support actually broke things on the Mac
I'll address this sometime soon.
I did not commit the wobbly effect code yet. I may get that in tomorrow or Monday.
Currently there is only support in for FBO based TextureTargets - so if your hardware / GL version does not support this you can forget about trying this out for the time being. The same thing applies if you do not have NPOT texture support.
Some of the issues in this first attempt:
Currently we're writing all over the main rendering depth buffer and need the results untouched - this is ok for demos as they stand at the moment, but might not be good in your own apps
We're using this for hit-detection on rotated window content, in the final version it will be more selective and will function correctly on the TextureTargets for nested rotations, and also alleviating the need to touch the main depth buffer.
Some imagery is drawn in the wrong order - text selections and such are not functioning correctly.
'Dragging' certain content (like in the Drag & Drop demo) you can see the "dragee" gets clipped at the boundary of the containing window (this might only be when texture backed, I can't recall off hand).
Some initial corruption of some imagery on Mac.
Various items use the display size (i.e. like the old Renderer Area rectangle), this is incorrect, as these items should be using the size of the rendering 'root' instead.
Framewindow Rollup is not working correctly.
Plus lots of other stuff I know about but can't recall without looking it up(!). Additionally, there will be lots of other issues as well.
Oh, and I added a funky looking spinning CEGUI logo to the demo app