SDL Renderer

Forum for general chit-chat or off-topic discussion.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

SDL Renderer

Postby CrazyEddie » Fri Oct 01, 2004 18:25

Hi there :)

I haven't looked at the SDL API much, though it should be possible to create a compatible renderer for CEGui. Generally speaking, if the target API can transfer a rectangular image to the screen, you should be okay ;)

Let me know if you get stuck, and I'll try to advise if I can :D

CE.

spannerman
Home away from home
Home away from home

SDL Renderer

Postby spannerman » Wed Nov 03, 2004 17:20

Hi Rand,

Just so you know, Eddie has gone on holiday for a month or so, so Im afraid you wont hear back from him for a while.

For setting alpha's in a window, you can tell the widgets of your semi-transparent panel to not inherit alpha (something like setInheritsAlpha(false)), so they will remain with their default alpha value (1, I think).

Hope that helps.

spannerman
Home away from home
Home away from home

SDL Renderer

Postby spannerman » Wed Nov 03, 2004 21:54

I dont know if you can do that or not. You may be able to get the Frame Window title bar and set its alpha seperately, but I wouldnt know how, sorry.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

SDL Renderer

Postby CrazyEddie » Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:44

At the moment the easiest way to do this is simply to modify the imageset imagery file so that the image used for the client area has some alpha value within the image file itself, this way when the Window alpha is 1.0f the client area would still appear translucent.

If you're interested in an actual setting for this, submit a feature request and I'll see about adding it at some stage.

CE.

Return to “Offtopic Discussion”