Can I embed the IE window into the CEGUI Window??

For help with anything that CEGUI doesn't offer straight out-of-the-box, e.g.:
- Implementation of new features, such as new Core classes, widgets, WindowRenderers, etc. ...
- Modification of any existing features for specific purposes
- Integration of CEGUI in new engines or frameworks and writing of new plugins (Renderer, Parser, ...) or modules

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

finezwx
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby finezwx » Wed May 13, 2009 01:48

If I can , how can I do?

Thank you!!

Jamarr
CEGUI MVP
CEGUI MVP

Re: Can I embed the IE window into the CEGUI Window??

Postby Jamarr » Wed May 13, 2009 16:00

I don't think so. CEGUI uses rendering APIs like OpenGL and DirectX for drawing. I believe the IE control uses the Windows OS for drawing. OpenGL and DirectX draw inside of an OS-window, so they are essentially on different layers. It would be difficult if not impossible to do this; but I'm also no expert...
If somebody helps you by replying to your thread, upvote him/her as a thanks! Make sure to include your CEGUI.log and everything you tried when posting! And remember that we are not magicians!

earthsruler
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby earthsruler » Thu May 28, 2009 01:00

you might want to have a look on the ogre forums for "awesomium" it lets you browse the net on a plane in a 3d world.

Jamarr
CEGUI MVP
CEGUI MVP

Postby Jamarr » Thu May 28, 2009 17:49

Nice find. It seems the author of NaviLibrary also wrote Awesomium. Now that it was mentioned, I do recall NaviLibrary utilizing the Mozilla/Gecko SDK to render web-content in Ogre. Apparently he has updated the NaviLibrary to now use Awesomium, which I believe is based on chromium (the Google browser).

Obviously the browser SDK's do most of the work (processing all of the html/css/js/etc.); I am guessing he just renders the final product to a texture via OpenGL. Apparently this has actually been around for awhile now, as there are a few older projects that do the same thing using the Gecko SDK.

I don't think the MSIE control externalizes the rendering details, or has any way of overriding the built-in renderer with a custom one. If such functionality existed, I'm sure someone would have made an OpenGL port by now. But it seems you can use Gecko or Chromium, both of which are supposedly cross-platform anyway.

I wonder how this is going to affect the future of CEGUI and other GUI libraries. Building your GUI strictly via html, css, and jscript has a lot of advantages...
If somebody helps you by replying to your thread, upvote him/her as a thanks! Make sure to include your CEGUI.log and everything you tried when posting! And remember that we are not magicians!

jacmoe
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Postby jacmoe » Sat May 30, 2009 15:41

And building your GUI in code and XML also has it's advantages.
Speed and portability. :)

pilgarlicx
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby pilgarlicx » Fri Oct 30, 2009 07:23

no,you can't use ie,because it is not a Windowless Controls , if you want integrate browser, you can try qtWebKit,i have successful integrate it with cegui,it is not very complicated.

Return to “Modifications / Integrations / Customisations”