question about AutoRenderingSurface

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

Rincevent
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

question about AutoRenderingSurface

Postby Rincevent » Tue Oct 20, 2009 21:34

I was trying to enable AutoRenderingSurface in my skin on the framewindow level the same way it is done on TaharezLook skin.
However I am somehow screwing up my skin by doing that.

Here is how it looks like with AutoRenderingSurface set to false:

The looknfeel file:

Code: Select all

<WidgetLook name="TaharezLook/FrameWindow">
        <PropertyDefinition name="ClientAreaColour" initialValue="4C000000" redrawOnWrite="true" />
        <PropertyLinkDefinition name="CaptionColour" widget="__auto_titlebar__" targetProperty="CaptionColour" initialValue="FFFFFFFF" />
        <PropertyLinkDefinition name="TitlebarFont" widget="__auto_titlebar__" targetProperty="Font" />
        <Property name="NSSizingCursorImage" value="set:TaharezLook image:MouseNoSoCursor" />
        <Property name="EWSizingCursorImage" value="set:TaharezLook image:MouseEsWeCursor" />
        <Property name="NWSESizingCursorImage" value="set:TaharezLook image:MouseNwSeCursor" />
        <Property name="NESWSizingCursorImage" value="set:TaharezLook image:MouseNeSwCursor" />
        <Property name="UnifiedMinSize" value="{{0.1,0},{0.1,0}}" />
        <Property name="AutoRenderingSurface" value="False" />

And here is how it looks like with AutoRenderingSurface set to true:

The looknfeel file:

Code: Select all

<WidgetLook name="TaharezLook/FrameWindow">
        <PropertyDefinition name="ClientAreaColour" initialValue="4C000000" redrawOnWrite="true" />
        <PropertyLinkDefinition name="CaptionColour" widget="__auto_titlebar__" targetProperty="CaptionColour" initialValue="FFFFFFFF" />
        <PropertyLinkDefinition name="TitlebarFont" widget="__auto_titlebar__" targetProperty="Font" />
        <Property name="NSSizingCursorImage" value="set:TaharezLook image:MouseNoSoCursor" />
        <Property name="EWSizingCursorImage" value="set:TaharezLook image:MouseEsWeCursor" />
        <Property name="NWSESizingCursorImage" value="set:TaharezLook image:MouseNwSeCursor" />
        <Property name="NESWSizingCursorImage" value="set:TaharezLook image:MouseNeSwCursor" />
        <Property name="UnifiedMinSize" value="{{0.1,0},{0.1,0}}" />
        <Property name="AutoRenderingSurface" value="True" />

I am basically loosing the half transparency (the "4C" set as areacolour seems to be somehow replaced by "00") and the text seems to display without anti-aliasing. So I was wondering if I am doing something wrong in there?

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Re: question about AutoRenderingSurface

Postby CrazyEddie » Wed Oct 21, 2009 08:48

Hi,

I am aware of some graphical glitches concerning alpha blend modes and the use of RTT. I don't have a solution right at this moment; I'll try and look at it again before next week though can't promise I will get to it, nor any quick fixes :?

CE.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Re: question about AutoRenderingSurface

Postby CrazyEddie » Fri Dec 18, 2009 18:53

Just to update on this... The issue with alpha blending should now be resolved for all renderers except Irrlicht (due to no apparent support for separate colour / alpha blend modes - I'll look for an alternative work around for that if need be).

CE.

Return to “Help”