CEGUIEditor for version 0.7.1 - when?

Use this forum for:
- Discussion regarding unofficial CEGUI related tools, scripts and utilities.
- User to user help for the obsoleted CELayoutEditor and CEImagesetEditor tools.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

Van
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

CEGUIEditor for version 0.7.1 - when?

Postby Van » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:24

Is there a planned release for CEGUEditor compiled against 0.7.1?

Armitage1982
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Re: CEGUIEditor for version 0.7.1 - when?

Postby Armitage1982 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 17:55

Me too,
I would like to know the state of development of this important tool please :)
I won't be able to switch to 0.7.1 without it.

Armitage1982
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby Armitage1982 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 22:21

Sorry to annoy you with this but I would really love to hear news from this tool.
My layouts are atrociously deformed in the latest version and thus I can no longer upgrade the wrap for BlitzMax Language.
Some news would be great.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:27

Hi,

I'm not certain as to progress on this, scriptkid would need to confirm where we are at. I know what changes are required, and on the surface these are relatively small. Some issues will surely remain in the first attempt (say for example, perhaps not being able to see any rotation you set).

The issue we have as a project is that we could issue a version quickly, though then we get lots of people nagging about issues - so it's sometimes difficult to get the right balance between speed of releases and 'correctness'.

CE.

Armitage1982
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby Armitage1982 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 14:13

Maybe releasing the editor in Beta just to be able to adapt every layout to the current version.
For me it's just a matter of fix every layouts in a wysiwyg way to take advantage of the new features.
I have to more library in the same state at the moment. Would be cool if I could upgrade them one after another to spot more easily bugs and eventual slowdown.
Thanks to think about it :)

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:01

Hi,

This is being worked on presently, and hopefully there should be news soon :)

CE.

Jackster
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby Jackster » Thu Dec 17, 2009 16:33

Any news about how soon? And about what is being fixed?
Would like to see the ListboxItem save issue fixed.

Other minor notes on my wishlist:
- autosnap to grid (the key shortcut always missing)
- option to disable window movement when clicked else where than the scale boxes (reduce accidentally moving windows, using alt-key modifier or something for this)
- default new and copied objects to zero location, possibly listbox items getting same sizes and positioned on the next row
- fix latest layout saved to load up correctly
- load layouts from anywhere on the disk
not sure if these have been adressed already? I should probably look how to compile the editor and cegui and fix some of these myself. Currently using editor 0.6.3 and layouts in ogre 1.6.1 with default cegui binary, what ever that is.

Then a bigger wish/suggestion: create cegui layout editor with the cegui layout editor 8)
Would be nice for demonstrating new features and developing/testing the basic features.
Could include implementations of the file and directory open/save dialog, tree view file selection, menus, toolbar icons, status bar and so on.
Just some thoughts, keep up the good work.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Fri Dec 18, 2009 18:29

Hi,

Thanks for the interest and suggestions and what have you.

Note that I post this response as an occasional developer for CELayoutEditor (the CEGUI core lib is my primary responsibility) - so definitive answers still will need to come from scriptkid. The question about what will be fixed should perhaps be reframed as "what will be additionally broken?", while that is somewhat of a little joke, there may be elements of truth to it due to the large changes that were made in CEGUI between the 0.6.x series of releases and the 0.7.x series of releases.

We have a tentative patch which adds 0.7.x compatibility to the editor, although this is still being looked at, tested, prodded and poked. I do not have any additional information beyond this (note, that I also have not asked for any additional information, so perhaps that's why? :lol:)

CE.

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby scriptkid » Fri Jan 01, 2010 16:17

Okay, a pretty much stable version of the editor for 0.7.1 is available as of now:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/crayzed ... p/download

(btw a new 0.6 installer is available as well, which is a bug-fix release. These fixed are also applied to 0.7).

Thanks to CE who created an initial patch. I added my own stuff with regards to the background loading/viewing capabilities of the editor.

There is no installer yet, because i've seem to have run into a permission issue when running the app from the Program Files folder. This doesn't happen in 0.6, so it's odd. But i wanted to have a zip file out of the doors at least :)

I will ask CE if he can hit the compile button on his linux and mac os machines.

Because there are so many (breaking) changes between 0.6 and 0.7, the editors will live in seperate svn branches, the 0.7 version currently just residing in 'trunk':
https://crayzedsgui.svn.sourceforge.net ... itor/trunk

There's at least one known bug: the grid (when visible) gets drawn completely on top. If you find anything else, please report it, but try to mention "0.7" in the topic titles, to distinguish between 0.6.

Have fun :)
Check out my released snake game using Cegui!

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Fri Jan 01, 2010 17:44

scriptkid wrote:I will ask CE if he can hit the compile button on his linux and mac os machines.

It shall be done; the uploads will probably happen tomorrow morning :)

CE.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Fri Jan 01, 2010 21:53

Ok. I have now added uploads for the precompiled Mac version (Universal binary requiring Mac OS X >= 10.4), and a source package intended for linux users. Note that the source package is only for linux users since the Mac Xcode project needs a few updates and I'll get those sorted out soon - obviously I have then done locally, though it needs cleaning up before I can commit.

The Mac binary was tested on Snow Leopard 10.6.2, and there are no issues to report there.
The linux version was test build on an amd64 Gentoo installation as well as a x86 install of Ubuntu 9.10. The only caveat is that your CEGUI install needs to have been built with SILLY available (though this has always been the case).

Hope these releases are useful :)

CE.

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby scriptkid » Fri Jan 01, 2010 22:24

CrazyEddie wrote:Ok. I have now added uploads for the precompiled Mac version (Universal binary requiring Mac OS X >= 10.4), and a source package intended for linux users.

Cool, thanks for the quick action :)

CrazyEddie wrote:The only caveat is that your CEGUI install needs to have been built with SILLY available (though this has always been the case).

Yes, i want to use Cegui's default image codec define for that, but Cegui's config.h file conflicts with the editor one. I need to rename that one first (i guess).

One thing at a time :)
Check out my released snake game using Cegui!

Armitage1982
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby Armitage1982 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:30

Thanks a lot for this release :D
I can now figure out what's going on with my looknfeel.

Return to “Unofficial CEGUI-Related Tools”