Apparent bug in CELayoutEditor 0.6.3b, Image attribute

Use this forum for:
- Discussion regarding unofficial CEGUI related tools, scripts and utilities.
- User to user help for the obsoleted CELayoutEditor and CEImagesetEditor tools.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

DonaldM
Just popping in
Just popping in

Apparent bug in CELayoutEditor 0.6.3b, Image attribute

Postby DonaldM » Sat Dec 26, 2009 22:37

Hello everyone,

I am attempting to use the CELayoutEditor version 0.6.3b but I am having some problems. It seems that when I try to use the Image attribute, the change does not work. I have browsed the forum and seen that I need to specify the imageset as well as the image, which I have done. "set:TaharezLook image:MouseArrow" this does not work. When I click another element of the UI and go back, the Image has reverted back to an empty field. Also when I try to edit the layout manually with an image tag, this had no effect (the field is still empty).

I was able to get CELayoutEditor version 0.6.2 to work correctly with the Image field and so I suspect that it is a problem with 0.6.3b. I would like to use 0.6.3b but without the ability to set the image for a StaticImage, the editor is not as useful.

When I have some time I will try to build the source from the SVN on my windows machine and see if that version works better... This image problem is the only problem I am having so far with this nice editor :) .

I would appreciate any help in fixing this issue... If it is on my end a suggested fix would be very helpful and if it is indeed a problem with 0.6.3b then that would be good to know as well.

Thank you for reading and I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any information about my system specs, or if you need any log files or anything.

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Re: Apparent bug in CELayoutEditor 0.6.3b, Image attribute

Postby scriptkid » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:47

[EDIT] This might also have todo with this bug: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4521 Did you use Enter to submit the value or clicking the mouse on a different row? [EDIT]

Hi and welcome :)

I downloaded the 0.6.3b version myself and tried the same, but on my end it worked. Do you ever see the image, before moving to a different element? If not, make sure that you are *not* using quotes around the string. (From your post it's not clear whether you did or didn't do that.)

HTH.
Check out my released snake game using Cegui!

DonaldM
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby DonaldM » Mon Dec 28, 2009 22:13

Hello,

I do not see the image and I did not put quotes around the text.

EDIT: It seems every time I was pressing enter. If you just click it seems to work. I need to try it with a clean install of 0.6.3b but it seems pressing enter is definitely the problem.

Thank you.

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby scriptkid » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:38

DonaldM wrote:EDIT: It seems every time I was pressing enter. If you just click it seems to work. I need to try it with a clean install of 0.6.3b but it seems pressing enter is definitely the problem.

Okay thanks for mentioning about the Enter key. That's surely the reason then. I have already fixed it locally, and will see if i can come up with a new release this week. I hope to address some more issues too before that.
Check out my released snake game using Cegui!

Return to “Unofficial CEGUI-Related Tools”