*SOLVED* Tooltips when leaving active window

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

jonmiller
Just popping in
Just popping in

*SOLVED* Tooltips when leaving active window

Postby jonmiller » Thu Jan 07, 2010 17:04

I searched a while and couldn't find what I was looking for. I just started using the tooltips and they seem to work pretty well. My only concern is that when the tooltip is active and I move the mouse outside of the area that activates that particular tooltip, I end up with a brief display of an empty tooltip. I assume that it's because the area that the mouse is going into doesn't have an assigned tooltip. I think that I read that all objects have a tooltip but they're just always alpha'd out? Is there anyway to suppress the tooltip if there's no text in it? It seems to do that normally except when one is visible and then the mouse leaves the area.

Thanks for any help
Last edited by jonmiller on Mon Jan 11, 2010 16:06, edited 1 time in total.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Re: Tooltips when leaving active window

Postby CrazyEddie » Fri Jan 08, 2010 09:55

Hi,

Are you injecting time pulses correctly? IIRC I have seen similar behaviour when time pulse injection is not done correctly.

With regards to the the inner workings, in the general case there is only a single tool tip object created and this shared by all windows and widgets - it's state and text getting updated according to mouse events and time passing.

Stating the library version and renderer module in use would have given us more info to go on.

CE.

jonmiller
Just popping in
Just popping in

*SOLVED* Re: Tooltips when leaving active window

Postby jonmiller » Mon Jan 11, 2010 16:05

Thanks for the tip. Apparently the place where I was calling injectTimeImpulse() wasn't correct, so I moved it to a more "correct" place and it works as intended now.

agamemnus
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Re: *SOLVED* Tooltips when leaving active window

Postby agamemnus » Sat Jul 17, 2010 17:01

Edit: OK, I figured it out. To clarify for anyone else who has this problem, just play around with your time pulse injection. For me, (perhaps for everyone), you need to send the time pulse immediately AFTER you inject all your events.

Code: Select all

cegui.injectStoredEvents ()
cegui.injectTimePulse (csng(currentTimeInterval))

Return to “Help”