Building Irrlicht 1.7.1 with CEGUI 0.7.1

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Re: Building Irrlicht 1.7.1 with CEGUI 0.7.1

Postby CrazyEddie » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:04

I just use the lib/dll from the Irrlicht SDK in both configs of CEGUI and it seems to be fine :? Though admittedly I'm not doing much with it besides what the samples do.

CE.

lymantok
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby lymantok » Wed Mar 31, 2010 04:22

CE,

Many thanks. I did end up trying that as well. I set CEGUI to build multithreaded debug dll's. No joy. This is what i get in my app now upon execution:

LDR: LdrpWalkImportDescriptor() failed to probe d:\Personal\CEGUI-Input-with-Transparent-Windows\Debug\CEGUIBase_d.dll for its manifest, ntstatus 0xc0150002

>From the net: The root cause that you get "The application failed to initialize properly..." is because your application cannot find SP1 version of Visual C++ Library, which is required by the dll.

In looking at Irrlicht vcproj file, it looks like the library is built as static by default, and I'm building cegui as dll, so I suspect I still have something mismatched in the rabbit hole I find myself in...and of course release build works just fine!!! :D

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Wed Mar 31, 2010 08:29

Based on what happened here (viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4726), you might want to check that you've not got mixed up as far as vc8 and vc9 go - especially as regards to the dependency package for CEGUI.

CE.

lymantok
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby lymantok » Thu Apr 01, 2010 01:17

Hi CE,

Many thanks again. I ended up installing vc9 on a lesser machine running windows7 with just cegui 0.7.1 and Irrlicht 1.7.1. I built the release dll and debug dll of cegui and the samples with opengl. They all run fine. On my xp machine with just vc8, I did check the deps as suggested and they are definitely for vc8. I rebuilt cegui on vc8 for release dll and debug dll, and same for the samples on the xp machine. The release samples run fine and the debug ones crash immediately. At least it's consistent behavior! Hehe. Anyway, short of wiping out my xp machine and reinstalling vc8 again, I'll give vc9 a try on it, since I know everything works fine on my windows7 machine. I'm just out of ideas on finding and fixing my vc8 issue with debug build.

lymantok
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby lymantok » Thu Apr 01, 2010 03:33

Hi CE,

Well, my xp machine with vc9 installed, builds cegui and ceguisamples for release dll and debug dll perfectly fine. All the samples run perfectly as release or debug. At last. For me and my machine I bid goodbye and good riddance to vc8! Thanks for all your help and suggestions!

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Thu Apr 01, 2010 09:12

heh, it's good to hear you got a workable solution - even if it did involve replacing the compiler ;)

CE.

Return to “Help”