Prebuilt SDK for vc10

Forum for general chit-chat or off-topic discussion.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

iuridosanjos
Just popping in
Just popping in

Prebuilt SDK for vc10

Postby iuridosanjos » Sat May 08, 2010 03:02

In wiki: "Note that there is currently no prebuild SDK available for MSVC++ 2010."

Will it take too longer to prebuilt SDK for vc10 is made?

Thanks.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Re: Prebuilt SDK for vc10

Postby CrazyEddie » Sat May 08, 2010 11:29

The actual SDKs are handled by Scripkid. While I don't propose to answer for him, I will suggest that a MSVC++ 2010 SDK for version 0.7.1 might be unlikely to happen. It's likely that a 0.7.2 release might be the first with a SDK release for MSVC++ 2010, though this release is not planned any time soon either.

In a similar vein to this, the automated snapshots - which I oversee - also do not provide binaries for MSVC++ 2010. This is basically because the process is fully automatic and so far I did not find a means to automate the conversion of an entire solution from MSVC++ 2008 to MSVC++ 2010; individual projects, yes, but not for the entire solution. If anybody knows different, let me know (remember, the process must not require any human interaction, at all).

CE.

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Re: Prebuilt SDK for vc10

Postby scriptkid » Wed May 12, 2010 09:30

One reason for the VC2010 SDKs not being available yet, is that VS2010 has actually been released just recently. (It has been in beta for quite a while).

Also i have not even compiled cegui on the latest VC yet, but maybe your or CE has tried this?

Also also, i need to double check with the premake state on this matter, to really do things the correct way.

I will give things a go (or at least a look) over the next couple of days.
Check out my released snake game using Cegui!

Return to “Offtopic Discussion”