Installing CEGUI

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

bynk
Just popping in
Just popping in

Installing CEGUI

Postby bynk » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:33

Hello!

First: sry for my english.

Pls help me.I tried all of week to install CEGUI.I downloaded 1st this file:http://www.cegui.org.uk/wiki/index.php/CEGUI_Downloads_0.7.1.
Compeliled myself good, but i cant use on msvc++2008expresst/2010expressz/ultimate.i configured my app with hands like tutorial : http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/Basic+Tutorial+7, but it doesnt works too. After i tried to this tutorial: http://ogre17crashcourse.blogspot.com/2 ... -work.html,
but doesnt works too. After i tried to use OgreSDK app wizard with cegui and that was configured settings in visual c++ but doesnt works too.

Pls help me...

Timo
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Re: Installing CEGUI

Postby Timo » Wed Oct 06, 2010 13:43

Sorry but you need to be more specific (or CrazyEddie will get mad!!). Nobody can help you if you just say "doesn't work". If you're getting some compiler or linker errors, post them here. If you have problems when running your application, describe them and post your cegui.log.

Also, you should use CEGUI 0.7.2.
http://www.cegui.org.uk/wiki/index.php/ ... oads_0.7.2

Kulik
CEGUI Team

Postby Kulik » Wed Oct 06, 2010 13:43

No offense but unless you provide some REAL info, NOBODY can help you.

It doesn't work could mean so many things that just naming them here would take forever. You say you compiled it but then you say you can't use MSVC. Why can't you use them?

... Damn Timo beat me to it.

bynk
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby bynk » Wed Oct 06, 2010 16:46

Sry sry.

So i compeled succesfully and the compiler never use the CEGUI.h -file, or other cegui headers. How i said: i configured msvc++ like the tutorial said, but i tried too appwizard with cegui setting and that configuring for me, but same fail...

Kulik
CEGUI Team

Postby Kulik » Wed Oct 06, 2010 17:08

OK, what you have added is pretty much useless... (error messages don't exist just to piss you off)

You compiled CEGUI successfully, but can't include CEGUI.h? Please do yourself a favor and learn how C++ works first before trying to do something advanced (I will say it again, CEGUI isn't really a good start/beginner library). In case you really need to get this going, set your include paths correctly. HTH

bynk
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby bynk » Wed Oct 06, 2010 17:36

hmmm...

can you read?

Check my 1st post, and the links. Main link: http://ogre17crashcourse.blogspot.com/2 ... -work.html.

I did it step by step but doesn't works...
So your help rly helpfully lol...

Kulik
CEGUI Team

Postby Kulik » Wed Oct 06, 2010 17:54

If you did it step by step, it would work, you screwed up that's for certain. And I can't tell you where because you didn't post any error messages...

TBH I didn't read the whole tutorial because I don't have time or desire to do so but at the first glance it seems up to date...

bynk
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby bynk » Thu Oct 07, 2010 08:14

hmmm...

if you dont have time, why you want me help half.First i think read normally my post, with visit link or dont help, its unhelpfully. If you saw the link now: I did it, and configured my project like he on there, but when i try to compile BasicTutorial7 i got Fatal error linking CEGUI.h or other CEGUI header i want include.Thats all my errors.

Jamarr
CEGUI MVP
CEGUI MVP

Postby Jamarr » Thu Oct 07, 2010 19:47

Timo wrote:If you're getting some compiler or linker errors, post them here.

Kulik wrote:provide some REAL info

Kulik wrote:error messages don't exist just to piss you off

Kulik wrote:I can't tell you where because you didn't post any error messages

Do you really think that people can help you when you do not post the error message? We have read your posts. It is you who has not read ours. If you want help, you need to post the actual linker errors.
If somebody helps you by replying to your thread, upvote him/her as a thanks! Make sure to include your CEGUI.log and everything you tried when posting! And remember that we are not magicians!

Return to “Help”