Background static Image and Imagesets?

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

Mars_999
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Background static Image and Imagesets?

Postby Mars_999 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 04:47

I am getting the feeling that you can only have one file(texture image) per imageset? Reason I ask is, I wanted to use the existing ogretray.imageset file but use my own background image? I don't see how this will workout without making a whole new imageset file that is large enough to hold my background image...

Thanks!

Jamarr
CEGUI MVP
CEGUI MVP

Re: Background static Image and Imagesets?

Postby Jamarr » Mon Sep 19, 2011 17:54

Mars_999 wrote:I am getting the feeling that you can only have one file(texture image) per imageset?

This is true.

Reason I ask is, I wanted to use the existing ogretray.imageset file but use my own background image? I don't see how this will workout without making a whole new imageset file that is large enough to hold my background image...Thanks!

The easiest way to handle this is probably to make a new imageset based on your background image. That does not mean you need to alter the OgreTray imageset. You can load and use multiple imagesets simultaneously. In this case, creating an imageset specifically for your background image should be fairly trivial, as an .imageset file is merely a listing of sub-images; so in this case you only need a single entry with the full dimensions.

Once you have the new .imageset for your background setup, there are a few ways to assign the new image. Most likely you will want either 1) in your .looknfeel file, replace all reference to the existing OgreTray background with reference to the new custom background or 2) assign a new background reference to individual windows via the .layout file or in code.

You will also need to make sure your system loads the new imageset. You can accomplish this by manually loading it via code, or by adding a new Imageset entry into your .scheme file.
If somebody helps you by replying to your thread, upvote him/her as a thanks! Make sure to include your CEGUI.log and everything you tried when posting! And remember that we are not magicians!

Return to “Help”