Snapshot5 release

Forum for support and development discussion regarding the python based unified editor tool for CEGUI, known as CEED.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

Kulik
CEGUI Team

Snapshot5 release

Postby Kulik » Tue Nov 29, 2011 14:52

New snapshot has been released. I apologise for 3 weeks of delays. There have been many changes regarding property editing, all properties are editable using a LineEdit widget by default. Properties are also refreshed on the fly as you move the widgets or edit other properties. Both archives provide testing sample data with CEGUI 0.7 and CEGUI 0.8 datafiles.

Grab the source tarball or Windows standalone binaries at
https://sourceforge.net/projects/crayze ... snapshot5/

Incomplete list of changes:
- 0000637: [Layout editing] Can't add widgets with recent CEGUI changes (Kulik) - resolved.
- 0000632: [General] Create a maintenance script easing up source releases and other things (Kulik) - resolved.
- 0000631: [Layout editing] Allow more space for property inspectors (Kulik) - resolved.
- 0000629: [Layout editing] Editing properties should immediately push the command instead of waiting for editing to finish (Kulik) - resolved.
- 0000479: [General] Similar neighbouring undo commands don't merge (Kulik) - resolved.
- 0000621: [Layout editing] Attempting to drag&drop multiple items in the widget hierarchy that have children freezes application (Kulik) - resolved.
- 0000580: [Project management] Add more error checking when creating a new project (Kulik) - resolved.
- 0000603: [General] Move the module structure around to allow easy packaging (Kulik) - resolved.
- 0000597: [Project management] Purge animations when unloading a project (Kulik) - resolved.
- 0000599: [Imageset editing] Hitting backspace in 'Native res.' textbox until its empty causes unhandled exception (Kulik) - resolved.
- 0000595: [General] Open .looknfeel, .scheme et al with a text editor for now (Kulik) - resolved.
- 0000587: [General] Use the "logging" module instead of home made logging facilities (Kulik) - resolved.
- 0000592: [Layout editing] Typing in a custom resolution (1280x720 for example), exception is thrown as soon as the 'x' character is not present (Kulik) - resolved.
- 0000601: [Project management] Refresh button that would reload all project resources (Kulik) - resolved.
- 0000591: [Layout editing] Alpha property slider only allows settings the alpha to 0.99, not 1.0 (Kulik) - resolved.
- 0000598: [Imageset editing] Browse for image should start in project root directory, not CEED root (Kulik) - resolved.
- 0000608: [Layout editing] Whole skins like "Vanilla skin" or "Alfisko skin" are draggable into window - with exception (Kulik) - resolved.
- 0000607: [Layout editing] Moving windows in visual mode doesn't update their properties. Window needs to be reselected. (Kulik) - resolved.
- 0000610: [Project management] Removing folders/files from a project doesn't trigger the confirmation dialog when closing/quitting (Kulik) - resolved.
- 0000611: [Project management] When closing project with changes, it asks to save, but fails to close afterwards (Kulik) - resolved.
- 0000584: [Project management] The error dialog when project synchronisation fails confuses people (Kulik) - resolved.
- 0000585: [Project management] Open project settings immediately when new project is created (Kulik) - resolved.
- 0000596: [Project management] Save all should save the project as well (Kulik) - resolved.

Plans for snapshot6: http://cegui.org.uk/mantis/roadmap_page ... sion_id=27

Enjoy and please report any problems!

jarwulf
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Re: snapshot5 release

Postby jarwulf » Tue Nov 29, 2011 18:51

yah....wait I'll have to pull myself off of arkham asylum to take a good look at this boo!

jarwulf
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby jarwulf » Tue Dec 06, 2011 18:53

haven't had much time to do more than a cursory view of it but two suggestions. Minor issues...

The program crashes if I start and new project and then quit out of it without doing anything else.

Its sort of confusing to a newcomer that the project folders and files have to be manually created and arranged before you can use CEED on them. I guess either create them automatically or put it in the readme and include a sample project.

Kulik
CEGUI Team

Postby Kulik » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:06

jarwulf: Please report all issues to http://www.cegui.org.uk/mantis

I would appreciate you helping with the project file format or documentation for it. Maybe first time it should pop a window telling you that folders are "virtual" in projects?

jarwulf
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby jarwulf » Sun Dec 18, 2011 21:47

Kulik wrote:jarwulf: Please report all issues to http://www.cegui.org.uk/mantis

I would appreciate you helping with the project file format or documentation for it. Maybe first time it should pop a window telling you that folders are "virtual" in projects?

I can't remember the exact names but CEED will complain until you have a specific set of folders created I suppose either create this minimal set or remind the user that they have to have them. I dunno how much help I can be but if you have a simple task maybe I can hack it.

Return to “Official Unified CEGUI Editor Tool (CEED)”