Consolidated information about Changes in CEGUI-mk2 0.1.1

Forum for general chit-chat or off-topic discussion.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

ritz
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Consolidated information about Changes in CEGUI-mk2 0.1.1

Postby ritz » Tue Feb 01, 2005 08:10

Hello CE,

Is their amy document which can give me consolidated information about changes done in 0.1.1.

What i could get is complete directory structure is changed.

As i have already developed a Widget based upon the previous structure, what all changes i need to do to keep my app compatible with both releases

rgds,
Ritz

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Re: Consolidated information about Changes in CEGUI-mk2 0.1.

Postby CrazyEddie » Tue Feb 01, 2005 09:29

Hi,

The file 'ChangeLog' in the release package contains the changes between 0.1.0 and 0.1.1. I only put bug fixes into the release; nothing else was changed, the directory structure is the same as it's always been. In any series of releases, for example 0.1.x, no breaking changes will ever be made so your code should work with any release from the same series.

Very shortly there will be a 0.2.0 release, this will be to support the Ogre 1.0 release. This release will contain some minor breaking changes. The biggest is that it will require Ogre 1.0 to run, there will be some other minor changes to the properties system and the events system. In this release I will still be using the same directoty structure though.

As I mentioned elsewhere, I may be changing the directory structure at some stage, but this will not happed for a while yet.

HTH

CE.

ritz
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby ritz » Tue Feb 01, 2005 09:51

Hello CE,

My reference for diretory structure was related to structure of datafiles and media folders in the Demo's.
It has been changed from older demo's.

similar to this what all changes are their.

rgds,
Ritz

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Tue Feb 01, 2005 13:24

Oh, right...

Rather than having everything in one directory, I created a datafiles directory with sub-directories for each of the data file types we have; imagesets, fonts, schemes, and so on. I also changed the file extensions from the generic .xml to something that better represented what the file was.

The relative paths for all files were properly adjusted for the new directory structure. For the Ogre resource provider system, I just made sure that the 'bin' directory was added to the resource manager in Ogre (via the Resources.cfg file) - this was important since the paths in the data files were all made to be relative to that 'bin' directory (though they do not have to be, so long as the directories are registered with Ogre you no longer need those paths in the data files).

The main reason these changes were made was to be the same as what I have in the Samples directory of the cegui_mk2 module. This will eventually contain renderer and OS independant samples.

CE.

Return to “Offtopic Discussion”