Cmake and 0.7.6

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

gralves
Just popping in
Just popping in

Cmake and 0.7.6

Postby gralves » Mon Jan 23, 2012 02:26

Are there Cmake scripts for the 0.7.6 version of CEGUI? I am building a project that uses cegui as a GUI and one of the targets is win32/mingw. My whole project uses cmake and I would love to use CEGUI as a staticaly compiled library. I just need the minizip resource manager, expat, libsilly and opengl renders. If there is no cmake for this version could someone provide me with pointers on how to find what files I need to generate (config.h/etc) and defines that I need to set in order to compile the library?

Thank you!

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Re: Cmake and 0.7.6

Postby CrazyEddie » Mon Jan 23, 2012 07:43

You may find this either useful to use or at least some kind of starting point: viewtopic.php?p=23888#p23888

To see what defines to set and what files to include you would need to dissect a working project, though cegui/include/config.h.in (used on linux) should give you a few clues as to the values we define - though some will not appear there (those related to D3D for sure, there may be others).

With regards to what files to include, it's rather a case of including all files except a few that are not needed. The 'best' way is to look at the premake generation files, since these basically describe that requirement exactly. If you look here: http://crayzedsgui.hg.sourceforge.net/h ... remake.lua you can see we match all files initially, then exclude some files based on chosen options - this is reasonably simple to understand, and should get you a fair way towards what you want.

Also, don't forget that CEGUI default branch code is already using cmake - though, yes, the code is still considered 'unstable' - so it's reasonable not to want to use that yet :)

CE.

gralves
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby gralves » Mon Jan 23, 2012 13:38

Thanks, those where exactly what I was looking for.

I have not yet advanced a lot on the gui part of my application yet. Do you recommend going the 0.8.0 way? I have no trouble using beta stuff at this stage. As for the D3D, they don't matter to me - I am writing everything in OpenGL to keep the code portable.

Ideally I would like to setup my build system so the whole application would only depends on libc++, boost and opengl.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Tue Jan 24, 2012 08:26

0.8.0 is definitely usable. Aside from a rename of the 'Elements' directory to 'Widgets', there are no more huge changes planned for that release - the only reason it's not been released yet is that there are (quite) a few things that need finishing up (but I'm not willing to dedicate the time to get those done at the moment).

CE.

Mars_999
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby Mars_999 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 05:56

Anyone get a Cmake project made for 0.7.6 as of yet? or a VC++2010 project?

Thanks!

Return to “Help”