[Solved] Migrating files with ceed-migrate

Forum for support and development discussion regarding the python based unified editor tool for CEGUI, known as CEED.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

Nickenstein79
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

[Solved] Migrating files with ceed-migrate

Postby Nickenstein79 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 00:19

Hi, I'm trying to update all of my XML data files from being compatible with CEGUI_0_7_9 to be compatible with CEGUI_0_8_3 (Which I recently built from the latest sources on the 0-8 mercurial branch.

I have a scheme, a looknfeel an imageset and a boat-load of layout files I need to update, but I'm having some trouble with it.

I used the ceed-migrate tool like so:

Code: Select all

ceed-migrate scheme TaharezLook.scheme TaharezLook_0_8.scheme

This worked, and gave me a migrated scheme file. (NOTE: It fails if I try and specify any source or target types, like --sourceType "CEGUI scheme 4" --targetType "CEGUI scheme 5" and so on.

However, it fails to work for my looknfeel file.

using:

ceed-migrate looknfeel TaharezLook.looknfeel TaharezLook_0_8.looknfeel

I get the following errors output:

Qt: Untested Windows version 6.2 detected!

Starting migration!

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\python_2-7-2\lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze\initscripts\Console.py", lin
e 27, in <module>
  File "bin/ceed-migrate", line 79, in <module>
  File "bin/ceed-migrate", line 72, in main
  File "e:\dev\Scamper\cegui_mk2\ceed11\ceed\compatibility\__init__.py", line 17
2, in transform
  File "e:\dev\Scamper\cegui_mk2\ceed11\ceed\compatibility\looknfeel\cegui.py",
line 194, in transform
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'layout'

I get the same error whether or not I specify --targetType and --sourceType.

Does anybody know where I am going wrong with this?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,
Nick

Nickenstein79
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Re: Migrating files with ceed-migrate

Postby Nickenstein79 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 06:03

I noticed that the Mantis bug database mentions this same issue, and that the issue has been marked as fixed in CEED-Snapshot-12 by Kulik.

As there is no publicly available CEED-Snaphot-12, I'm attempting a from-source build of pyCEGUI build from the latest in the mercurial repo, to make myself a fresh-new version of CEED and CEED-Migrate, in order to convert my data files from CEGUI0.7.9 to CEGUI0.8.3 format.

cmake is throwing up a lot of errors when I try to make a solution for making pyCEGUI.

I'm using this guide (http://cegui.org.uk/wiki/Building_CEED_for_Windows)

I suspect I need a little bit of clarification on this section of the guide:

Set the paths to your Python and boost .lib files and and include directories in CMake (Boost_PYTHON_LIBRARY_DEBUG, Boost_PYTHON_LIBRARY_RELEASE, Boost_SYSTEM_LIBRARY_DEBUG, Boost_SYSTEM_LIBRARY_RELEASE, Boost_INCLUDE_DIR, PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIR, PYTHON_LIBRARY, PYTHON_EXECUTABLE)

PS: I'm pointing cmake at folders within a brand new boost_1_55_0 but I'm still failing to get a solution file with which to build pyCEGUI.

My latest boost install lives here:

C:\Projects\boost_1_55_0

I have installed the latest Python and Pip (and set up all of required windows environment variables) in:

C:\Python27\Tools\Scripts

so where exactly should I be pointing the following cmake variables:

Boost_PYTHON_LIBRARY_DEBUG, Boost_PYTHON_LIBRARY_RELEASE, Boost_SYSTEM_LIBRARY_DEBUG, Boost_SYSTEM_LIBRARY_RELEASE, Boost_INCLUDE_DIR, PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIR, PYTHON_LIBRARY, PYTHON_EXECUTABLE

Any input would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Nick

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:01

Hi, i only recently wrote this guide for Window because I thought there could be need for this. I guess i was right ;)

The boost.find stuff is usually unreliable and I do not personally know how to solve this and unfortunately have no time to look at it at all. Also, as of now, setting your directory doesnt help at all unfortunately. What I did, and what I suggested in that guide, was setting these paths manually.

Open up CMake GUI and check "Grouped" and "Advanced" (which i btw always recommend to have checked). To limit the displayed results you can enter "boost" into the "Search" filter. You should see a group called "Boost". Now open up the group "Boost" by clicking on it. There you will see all described variables. Click on the right field for each and then on the "..." button to open a dialogue for selecting your directory or path. Some of the variables ask for directories: usually those are variables ending with "_DIR". The other variables look for files, in this case it should be the ones ending with "_DEBUG" and "_RELEASE". Be sure you link to the right files and directories.
CrazyEddie: "I don't like GUIs"

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:10

I added extra information on the wiki article (http://cegui.org.uk/wiki/Building_CEED_for_Windows). I m sure this helps, if not: ask.

Nickenstein79
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby Nickenstein79 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 19:02

Hi, Ident.

Thanks for the reply and updated info. :)

Possibly I wasn't clear enough when explaining my problem. I can indeed see the boost variables in cmake, it's that I was totally unclear on what to set them as.

You give the following example in the updated guide:

Boost_LIBRARY_DIR = A:/Programs/boost_1_55_0/lib32-msvc-9.0
Boost_PYTHON_LIBRARY_RELEASE = A:/Programs/boost_1_55_0/lib32-msvc-9.0/boost_python-vc90-mt-1_55.lib

Straight off the bat, the 'Boost_LIBRARY_DIR' variable doesn't exist in cmake using the latest mercurial stuff. However there is a 'Boost_DIR' so I assume it's just a renaming of that variable at some point.

secondly, you are setting it to a "boost_1_55_0/lib32-msvc-9.0" folder.
My "boost_1_55_0/ folder, doesn't have a "lib32-msvc-9.0" sub-folder.

I have obviously screwed up somewhere along the way. :(

I followed the instructions on Boost's own website about setting up boost, running a bootstrap.bat, then running the b2.exe to build all of boost components that need to built into libs, but I have not ended up with the same boost setup as you have. If I search my boost folder for "lib32*" I get no results.

Have you any idea what I need to do in order to end up with the "boost_1_55_0/lib32-msvc-9.0" folder that you have?

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Mon Jun 09, 2014 19:25

Nickenstein79 wrote:Straight off the bat, the 'Boost_LIBRARY_DIR' variable doesn't exist in cmake using the latest mercurial stuff. However there is a 'Boost_DIR' so I assume it's just a renaming of that variable at some point.

If you can't use the CEGUI version recommended in the article I cannot help you. It is clearly stated you can only use the latest v0-8 branch not default branch.

Nickenstein79 wrote:I followed the instructions on Boost's own website about setting up boost, running a bootstrap.bat, then running the b2.exe to build all of boost components that need to built into libs, but I have not ended up with the same boost setup as you have. If I search my boost folder for "lib32*" I get no results.

Follow the instructions in the wiki article. If you don't do that then I cannot help you. It is clearly stated you should install the MSVC binaries. The article also contains a link to the downloads page. If you wanna build boost on your own then ask boost for support. You need to consult boost for boost build support not us. Again: I did not build boost and used the binaries from the downloads page that I linked.

Tell me if you got it working.

EDIT: I just realised it was not written as direct as I thought I had written it. I reformulated it in a way it is really easy to get it right now. There are a lot of downloads on the page and I assume you didnt install the mentioned binaries but instead you downloaded the source package on top. You want to install the binaries most likely. Sorry for saying it was "clearly stated" as it was not. I corrected it and if you re-read that part of the article you should now most definitely get it right. Tell me if you got it working.

Nickenstein79
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby Nickenstein79 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 19:39

Ahhhhh, I think I can see what has happened!

It seems that when I ran b2.exe to build the extra boost lib files, they all ended up here:

C:\Projects\boost_1_55_0\stage\lib

Mine also have slightly different filenames to yours on account of it detecting a different version of msvs. I'm assuming the ones with 'gd' in the filename are the debug versions as they are all about 5 times bigger than the ones without.

So I guess I know where to point cmake for those things!

I'm going back in! Wish me luck! ;D

Nickenstein79
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby Nickenstein79 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 19:48

Ident wrote:If you can't use the CEGUI version recommended in the article I cannot help you. It is clearly stated you can only use the latest v0-8 branch not default branch.

I'm doing this to get Kulik's fix for the bug mentioned at the top of this thread ('ceed-migrate' issue). That bug is marked as "fixed in snapshot12", so I was assuming it would be in the default branch and not in the v0-8 branch.

I'll regrab the v0-8 version and start again. ;) (My main issue was not realising where the boost libs had been compiled to. I've got that sorted now.)

Thanks for the help! :)

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Mon Jun 09, 2014 19:51

Nickenstein79 wrote:I'm doing this to get Kulik's fix for the bug mentioned at the top of this thread ('ceed-migrate' issue). That bug is marked as "fixed in snapshot12", so I was assuming it would be in the default branch and not in the v0-8 branch.

I m pretty sure the snapshots are based on v0-8 but if you can link me the ticket on mantis I can probably tell you where it was fixed. Just so you can be sure.

Nickenstein79
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby Nickenstein79 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 19:55

Ident wrote:link me the ticket on mantis

http://cegui.org.uk/mantis/view.php?id=951

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Mon Jun 09, 2014 20:00

I am 99% sure it is in v0-8.

Nickenstein79
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby Nickenstein79 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 20:08

Cool. :)

(And all of this to avoid having to hand-migrate the enormous looknfeel file ;))

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Mon Jun 09, 2014 20:11

Sure why not. Tell us if it worked in the end.

Nickenstein79
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby Nickenstein79 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 21:20

I'll report back later with how I got on. (Bitbucket appears to be offline so that will probably be tomorrow.)

Cheers,
Nick

Nickenstein79
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby Nickenstein79 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 22:11

OK. BitBucket is back up.

1.) I cloned the CEGUI repo from the link you provide in the guide (https://bitbucket.org/cegui/cegui/branch/v0-8), and ensured that I'm definitely using v0-8 and not 'default', by selecting "Update working directory or switch revisions" in TortoiseHG, and then specifying 'v0-8'.

2.) Add dependencies and configure with Cmake.

I still have a Boost_DIR variable, instead of the Boost_INCLUDE_DIR you mention in the guide.

I'm going to assume this is fine, and carry on with the rest of the guide.

Return to “Official Unified CEGUI Editor Tool (CEED)”