Complete property reference

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

tasulife
Just popping in
Just popping in

Complete property reference

Postby tasulife » Tue Jan 13, 2015 00:33

Is there a master list of all the widget properties, and their allowed values in the case of strings/enums?

Here are some questions I have not been able to answer myself using all the documentation:
First, in the example TextDemo.layout (in the samples), specifies a Static Text property "VertFormatting". When I look at the reference file, it does not specify the values:
http://static.cegui.org.uk/static/Tahar ... Formatting
How can I learn the values for these missing properties?

Second, in the same TextDemo.layout file, there are completely undocumented properties like "MaxSize". Is this an alias for UnifiedMaxSize, which is documented? Where is the list of aliases?

Thank you for the help! :D

Kulik
CEGUI Team

Re: Complete property reference

Postby Kulik » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:13

IMO the best way to get fresh and correct property lists with docs is to use CEED.

CEED queries the widgets for properties so it gets properties from the C++ classes and LNF WidgetLooks. It even works for custom skins that you created.

It would be a pretty cool little project to write a small script that would generate property lists for all the themes we ship. Especially if it were something we kept in the repo and ran on jenkins.

Ident
CEGUI Team

Re: Complete property reference

Postby Ident » Wed Jan 14, 2015 15:24

Kulik wrote:It would be a pretty cool little project to write a small script that would generate property lists for all the themes we ship. Especially if it were something we kept in the repo and ran on jenkins.

The Widget sample I wrote for GSOC2012 does this already for all loaded widgets. It should be easy to modify in a way it writes out the properties.
CrazyEddie: "I don't like GUIs"

Return to “Help”