[Solved] Combo box - Mouse cursor handling - Taharez

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

Ident
CEGUI Team

Re: Combo box - Mouse cursor handling - Taharez

Postby Ident » Sun Mar 22, 2015 20:32

Any news?
CrazyEddie: "I don't like GUIs"

Bertram
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby Bertram » Fri Mar 27, 2015 17:49

Hey Ident,

Sorry for the slow update. Btw, I didn't get notified by your answer. (?)

Well, anyway, we're about to release OpenDungeons 0.5.0 so the few things to do I was speaking about previously are now done (We should be releasing this Week-End), and I should be able to redo the patch at the beginning of the next week. :D
Phew... One thing checked. :)

Semi-related off-topic disclaimer:
Btw, I've accidentally discovered TorchLight II is using CEGUI, too (by looking at the binary used dlls), congrats for that.

Ah, and I had some news from Muammar (The debian packager for CEGUI) and he told us (me and the debian cegui transition manager) he would restart work on packaging CEGUI after the Jessie release. If not, then I've told them I would apply for a non-maintainer upload (since the package is already done on my end anyway.). ;)

Best regards,

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Mon Mar 30, 2015 18:59

Cool, thanks for the update. I am looking forward to your next reply.

Regarding the notification: does the thread show up as subscribed? subscriptions definitely work for me. Maybe the mails are in the spam filter.

Kulik
CEGUI Team

Postby Kulik » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:40

Bertram: Cool. Are there any plans to package CEED as well? If you are updating to CEGUI 0.8 it should be trivial to package CEED 0.8.0.

Bertram
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby Bertram » Sun Apr 26, 2015 22:40

Hey there, :)

Sorry again for the slow answer. I wanted to do some work on this before answering as I didn't want to come with another "coming soon" post. ;)

The patch v2 is here:
https://bitbucket.org/Bertram25/cegui/c ... eafd50a939
https://bitbucket.org/cegui/cegui/pull- ... ursor/diff

As posted in the patch summary:

Code: Select all

Feature:
Editboxes now have a 'ReadOnlyMouseCursorImage' property
that will be used to set the cursor image when the edit box is read only.
Note: The default mouse cursor is still used when the property is empty,
and maybe that's not what we want.

Changes from patch v1:
- Against branch v0 instead of default.
- Doesn't overwrite the MouseCursorImage property anymore,
as this property may be needed after being set read-only.
- I didn't use CEGUI_DEFINE_WINDOW_RENDERER_PROPERTY even
if advised to do so, because this property can only work
with the FalagardEditoBox class for instance, and I didn't know
how to be able to call something like FalagardEditobx::editboxSetReadOnly()
from the Editbox class.

The change has been tested in OpenDungeons and is working fine. :)

Feel free to comment. :) I can have a look at the requested changes. (I'm still getting used to the bowels of the beast though.)

Ident wrote:Regarding the notification: does the thread show up as subscribed? subscriptions definitely work for me. Maybe the mails are in the spam filter.

I checked, the latest answer went fine. Might be my own stupidity. Or a need of new glasses. ;)

Kulik wrote:Bertram: Cool. Are there any plans to package CEED as well? If you are updating to CEGUI 0.8 it should be trivial to package CEED 0.8.0.

Yes, I want to package CEED on Debian as well. :) I'm getting used to python through it, btw.
As for the news on this side, Jessie is about to be released now. I'll thus mail Muammar as soon as it is done. CEGUI 0.8.0 is package ready (nothing hard as you said yourself), and once the new package is uploaded, I'll start working on CEED. If you've got any advice or pointers, feel free to tell. :)

Btw, we finally released OpenDungeons 0.5.0!! : http://opendungeons.github.io
(Thus, why I can now work on CEGUI again.)

Best regards,

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Sun Apr 26, 2015 22:48

PR looks good, everything well formatted and documented, just as it should be. Definitely one of the better PRs we get ;) I will look at it in detail tomorrow, we are close to a new CEGUi release btw but since it is another 0.8.X your change wouldn't affect it yet anyways.

Bertram
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby Bertram » Wed Apr 29, 2015 09:57

Hey,

Now that Jessie is out, Muammar has written to both Tobias and me about the fact that he's been uploading a brand new cegui 0.8.4 package.
I've asked about the python bindings and CEED status. I'll keep you informed about what's next. ;)

Best regards,

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:30

We are about to Release a new CEGUI version with some important fixes in it. Maybe he/she should wait a week with the packaging.. If possible of course.

Also if you want to post about OpenDungeon feel free to post in the projects page. Anything done with CEGUi or using CEGUI can go there, feel free to advertise the project.

Bertram
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby Bertram » Wed Apr 29, 2015 15:11

Hey Ident, :)

Ident wrote:We are about to Release a new CEGUI version with some important fixes in it. Maybe he/she should wait a week with the packaging.. If possible of course.

I've just written to Muammar and Tobias about that. I've also invited Muammar to join the forums, in case he wants some precisions, ...
I'll make sure to tell you once I've got an answer and in case he doesn't do it himself.

Ident wrote:Also if you want to post about OpenDungeon feel free to post in the projects page. Anything done with CEGUi or using CEGUI can go there, feel free to advertise the project.

Cool, thanks. I'll do. :)

I've also seen the PR review and I will change as requested sometimes between tonight and this week-end.

Best regards,

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Thu Apr 30, 2015 15:28

Just in case you didn't see, there is only a tiny docu fix necessary and then I can merge it.

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Fri May 01, 2015 22:17

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Mon May 04, 2015 11:37

I played around a bit and I was not fully satisfied with the current situation. I made some changes and they should be compatible with whatever you did. Would you mind to check my latest commits and see if things still work out for you the expected way?

Bertram
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby Bertram » Thu May 07, 2015 11:49

Hey Ident,

I'll test asap. :)

The changes look good. Didn't you want to add read/write, readonly mouse cursor support directly in the Window widget, btw? Or maybe it's for later?

Best regards,

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Fri May 08, 2015 10:35

I did want that but i decided against it due to the following thought: it is unlikely that the average use-case ever requires this. the general user doesnt need that. the cost however would not be small: a variable for each window (even default window) and a check according to it.
On the other hand, in the special case that a user wants the cursor to change they can simply subscribe event handlers for the specific windows' events and set the mouse cursor accordingly therein. After all, there could be different states where this is requires and making a MouseCursor for each is redundant in 99% of cases. However, for editbox it definitely definitely makes sense.

Bertram
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby Bertram » Fri May 15, 2015 22:44

Hi Ident,

Once again, very sorry for the slow answer (but I'm around and listening). I've just tested the latest changes on v0. Works like a charm on my end. :)

Best regards,

Return to “Help”