CEGUI 0.2.1 release?

Forum for general chit-chat or off-topic discussion.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

jacmoe
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

CEGUI 0.2.1 release?

Postby jacmoe » Thu May 12, 2005 05:55

I saw on the Ogre Forums that there is a 0.2.1 version of CEGUI out - but I don't see the tag in CVS.
Would it be possible to branch it out, or package it as a release?
I guess I could just grab HEAD, but it would be nice to pick a 0_2_1 revision. ;)

_mental_
CEGUI Team (Retired)

Re: CEGUI 0.2.1 release?

Postby _mental_ » Fri May 13, 2005 04:02

Try the release-0_2_0 tag. I do plan on releasing 0.2.1 as soon as the OSX port has been updated.

NSXEagle
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby NSXEagle » Sat May 21, 2005 07:24

_mental_, do you have a release date for 0.2.1? How is the OSX port doing?

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Thu May 26, 2005 12:28

Greetings people.

I have commited fixes for the OS X build along with another small modification to FontManager (this was done so my wiki tutorials apply to 0.2.1).

It would be great if everyone, especially Mac people, could now do some quick testing of the code in the release-0_2_0 branch and post issues here - since this code is what will become 0.2.1.

If there are no major problems, I'll collaborate with _mental_ where needed so that hopefully 0.2.1 can get released over the coming weekend.

CE.

NSXEagle
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby NSXEagle » Thu May 26, 2005 15:29

@CrazyEddie: Nice to see you again. I am happy that you are still around here, helping us and providing code. :D

Cool! I can't await the day CEGUI 0.2.1 will be released! Besides, does anybody know whether there will be a new Ogre SDK because of the release or not?

renchap
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby renchap » Sun May 29, 2005 18:25

Ok, some tests :
- With Mac OS X 10.4 :
I have the warning :

Code: Select all

cc1plus: warning: -Wuninitialized is not supported without -O

With the development target for each file

/Users/renchap/Dev/cegui_mk2/makefiles/mac/Xcode/CrazyEddiesGUI/../../../../src/CEGUIFont_xmlHandler.cpp:33:22:
error: ft2build.h: No such file or directory

In the CEGUIBase target, add /usr/X11R6/include/ to the headers search path (apple has moved the location of freetype headers with tiger)

Since the xcode project doesn't use Xerces, we must comment

#define CEGUI_WITH_XERCES

In CEGUIConfig.h when building with MacOS X

/Users/renchap/Dev/cegui_mk2/makefiles/mac/Xcode/CrazyEddiesGUI/../../../../src/pcre/chartables.c:13:
warning: 'pcre_default_tables' defined but not used
[...]
/Users/renchap/Dev/cegui_mk2/makefiles/mac/Xcode/CrazyEddiesGUI/../../../../src/pcre/pcre.c:54:1:
 warning: "DPRINTF" redefined
/Users/renchap/Dev/cegui_mk2/makefiles/mac/Xcode/CrazyEddiesGUI/../../../../src/pcre/pcre.c:116299:38:
 warning: this is the location of the previous definition
/Users/renchap/Dev/cegui_mk2/makefiles/mac/Xcode/CrazyEddiesGUI/../../../../src/pcre/pcre.c: In function 'ord2utf8':
/Users/renchap/Dev/cegui_mk2/makefiles/mac/Xcode/CrazyEddiesGUI/../../../../src/pcre/pcre.c:520:
 warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
/Users/renchap/Dev/cegui_mk2/makefiles/mac/Xcode/CrazyEddiesGUI/../../../../src/pcre/pcre.c: In function 'pcre_compile':
/Users/renchap/Dev/cegui_mk2/makefiles/mac/Xcode/CrazyEddiesGUI/../../../../src/pcre/pcre.c:4612:
warning: comparison between signed and unsigned

Some warnings in pcre...

../../../../include/elements/CEGUIPopupMenu.h: In constructor `CEGUI::PopupMenu::PopupMenu(const CEGUI::String&, const CEGUI::String&)':
../../../../include/elements/CEGUIPopupMenu.h:201: warning: 'CEGUI::PopupMenu::d_fadeInTime' will be initialized after
../../../../include/elements/CEGUIPopupMenu.h:200: warning:   'float CEGUI::PopupMenu::d_fadeOutTime'
/Users/renchap/Dev/cegui_mk2/makefiles/mac/Xcode/CrazyEddiesGUI/../../../../src/elements/CEGUIPopupMenu.cpp:49: warning:   when initialized here

Some others in CEGUI code

Ld /Users/renchap/Dev/cegui_mk2/makefiles/mac/Xcode/CrazyEddiesGUI/build/CEGUI.framework/Versions/A/CEGUI normal ppc
    cd /Users/renchap/Dev/cegui_mk2/makefiles/mac/Xcode/CrazyEddiesGUI
    /usr/bin/g++-4.0 -o /Users/renchap/Dev/cegui_mk2/makefiles/mac/Xcode/CrazyEddiesGUI/build/CEGUI.framework/Versions/A/CEGUI
-L/Users/renchap/Dev/cegui_mk2/makefiles/mac/Xcode/CrazyEddiesGUI/build -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/sw/lib
-F/Users/renchap/Dev/cegui_mk2/makefiles/mac/Xcode/CrazyEddiesGUI/build
-filelist /Users/renchap/Dev/cegui_mk2/makefiles/mac/Xcode/CrazyEddiesGUI/build/CrazyEddiesGUI.build/CEGUIBase.build/Objects-normal/ppc/CEGUI.LinkFileList
-lfreetype -arch ppc -prebind -Wl,-single_module -dynamiclib -compatibility_version 1 -current_version 1 -install_name /Library/Frameworks/CEGUI.framework/Versions/A/CEGUI -framework Carbon
ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _regcomp
/Users/renchap/Dev/cegui_mk2/makefiles/mac/Xcode/CrazyEddiesGUI/build/CrazyEddiesGUI.build/CEGUIBase.build/Objects-normal/ppc/pcreposix.o definition of _regcomp in section (__TEXT,__text)
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.0/../../../libSystem.dylib(regcomp.So) definition of _regcomp
ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _regexec
/Users/renchap/Dev/cegui_mk2/makefiles/mac/Xcode/CrazyEddiesGUI/build/CrazyEddiesGUI.build/CEGUIBase.build/Objects-normal/ppc/pcreposix.o definition of _regexec in section (__TEXT,__text)
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.0/../../../libSystem.dylib(regexec.So) definition of _regexec
ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _regfree
/Users/renchap/Dev/cegui_mk2/makefiles/mac/Xcode/CrazyEddiesGUI/build/CrazyEddiesGUI.build/CEGUIBase.build/Objects-normal/ppc/pcreposix.o
 definition of _regfree in section (__TEXT,__text)
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.0/../../../libSystem.dylib(regfree.So) definition of _regfree

Warnings while linking

In the opel gl renderer, while linking :

ld: warning prebinding disabled because dependent library: /Users/renchap/ogre/xerces-c-src_2_6_0/Projects/MacOS/Xcode/XercesLib/build/Xerces.framework/Versions/A/Xerces
 is not prebound

We should remove the Xerces Framework from the project, it is not used

I think thats all, i will try with panther soon to see the compatibility

_mental_
CEGUI Team (Retired)

Postby _mental_ » Mon May 30, 2005 04:17

hmm... some of those warnings you can ignore, but the freetype issue definitely needs to be fixed before we can release 0.2.1.

Also rather than completely disabling Xerces support under OSX is it possible to allow the end user to select which xml library they wish to use (defaulting with Xerces)?

I look forward to seeing what happens under Panther.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Mon May 30, 2005 08:14

These diagnostics were done against HEAD and not release-0_2_0 which contains what should become 0.2.1.

as _mental_ says, the warnings are probably not worth worrying about too much.

The freetype issue is strange, a couple of other people have submitted patches for Tiger and made no mention of issues with freetype. Do we just add another include search path, or will that cause problems if the second path does not exist on releases prior to Tiger?

While not really an issue for 0.2.1, since for this release Xerces is still a required dependency (TinXML will debut in the 0.3.0 release, until then its a CVS only thing), Xerces should definately stay as an option, and should infact be the default option (which is why CEGUIConfig.h is set-up the way that it is for OSX and VC++ builds. The idea, as has aways been, is that you download and install Xerces as a dependency prior to compiling CEGUI. While I obviously put TinyXML in as an option, Xerces is still my preferred XML parser.

Also, can you edit your post so that your code lines are not so long, it makes this topic very difficult to read ;)

CE.

_mental_
CEGUI Team (Retired)

Postby _mental_ » Mon May 30, 2005 14:22

I was assuming that the freetype issue mentioned would have applied for both 0.2.1 and HEAD. If we can get a definite answer on the search path location we can hopefully release 0.2.1 today. Gotta love long weekends :)

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Mon May 30, 2005 14:31

I guess it will affect both branches. I'll try adding the other path to the project and if it compiles okay, then we should be set.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Mon May 30, 2005 14:53

I have added the new include search path (both branches).

renchap
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby renchap » Tue May 31, 2005 13:08

CrazyEddie wrote:
These diagnostics were done against HEAD and not release-0_2_0 which contains what should become 0.2.1.

i have done theses tests with the release-0_2_0 version, not the HEAD (hum... i think i have done this, i am not very skilled with CVS :D)

The freetype issue is strange, a couple of other people have submitted patches for Tiger and made no mention of issues with freetype. Do we just add another include search path, or will that cause problems if the second path does not exist on releases prior to Tiger?

this should not be a problem, gcc searchs in all the include path dirs to find the headers, and should not warning if there is too much of them

While not really an issue for 0.2.1, since for this release Xerces is still a required dependency (TinXML will debut in the 0.3.0 release, until then its a CVS only thing), Xerces should definately stay as an option, and should infact be the default option (which is why CEGUIConfig.h is set-up the way that it is for OSX and VC++ builds. The idea, as has aways been, is that you download and install Xerces as a dependency prior to compiling CEGUI. While I obviously put TinyXML in as an option, Xerces is still my preferred XML parser.

yes, but the xcode project is not done for xerces.
i can try to add both targets into it, but when i tryed sometimes ago i had an error. i will retry this week end if you want.

Also, can you edit your post so that your code lines are not so long, it makes this topic very difficult to read ;)

done

PS: sorry, i can just work during the weekend, i can just read the forum during the rest of the week

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Tue May 31, 2005 13:55

i have done theses tests with the release-0_2_0 version, not the HEAD (hum... i think i have done this, i am not very skilled with CVS :D)
Yeah, I think you have have messed up :hammer: Some of the warnings you posted make mention of things that were only recently added to HEAD, and do not appear in the release-0_2_0 branch :)

Do we just add another include search path, or will that cause problems if the second path does not exist on releases prior to Tiger?

this should not be a problem, gcc searchs in all the include path dirs to find the headers, and should not warning if there is too much of them

Yep, I did this yesterday.

yes, but the xcode project is not done for xerces.
i can try to add both targets into it, but when i tryed sometimes ago i had an error. i will retry this week end if you want.

People have got it to work okay. I'm not sure what the issue is, Xerces-C++ is supplied with a project for xcode.

Thanks for editing the earlier post :)

boto
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby boto » Tue May 31, 2005 15:17

hi,

i just downloaded 0.2.1 and tried to build it on win32 platform. then i noticed that the support for tinyxml as parser has been cut away from code. will you no longer support tinyxml?

cheers
boto

p.s.: v0.2.0 already rocks, now i am excited how v0.2.1 rocks :-)

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Tue May 31, 2005 15:36

TinyXML support is a new feature and will continue to be supported - that's in CVS-HEAD.

I thought there may be some confusion over this, due to the relative 'lateness' of this new release. The 0.2.1 release is a maintenence release of the release-0_2_0 branch and was originally planned for March, though due to issues getting the OSX build updated, it has only just been possible to make the release. In the interim, the code in CVS-HEAD has pulled away quite a bit, so there's a larger than normal varience between the two branches.

CE.

Return to “Offtopic Discussion”