Anchor property

Discussion regarding the development of CEGUI itself - as opposed to questions about CEGUI usage that should be in the help forums.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

guyver6
Just popping in
Just popping in

Anchor property

Postby guyver6 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 13:31

Hi,

Is there someone who has started working on something like "Anchor" property (it's called Anchor in Windows.Forms)?

It's on your roadmap (extended layout options) and it allows to anchor window to one of its parent sides, so it'll move/resize in relation to that side (anchored child window side will keep its distance from parent window side).

If no one is doing it now then I can try to implement it if you like (I need it in my project). How do you like it? :)

Cheers,
Guyver

lindquist
CEGUI Team (Retired)

Re: Anchor property

Postby lindquist » Sat Jul 09, 2005 13:45

It already done in the falagard branch which will be merged into CVS HEAD in the near future.

guyver6
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby guyver6 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 13:50

Oh, uh, ah! :D

How stable is that branch? I'd really like to put my hands on it. I'm just about to start tweaking WindowsLook to suit our project, but if Falagard is out there somewhere.... :)

Guyver

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Sat Jul 09, 2005 17:47

I'd wait a couple of days. The falagard branch is called 'falagard-devel-unstable' and you're free to have a look, though there are no promises ;) This branch is extremely active at the moment.

Another thing to consider is that there's no docs for the new XML format for falagard yet, so until that's done life may be difficult trying to work that out.

The code merge will happen tomorrow with any luck. After this there will be a transitional period where CVS HEAD may be a bit unstable, while we take stock of, and begin to test, all the things changed for falagard.

If you do have a look, and manage to get it to work, let us know what you think :-D

guyver6
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby guyver6 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 19:25

I had a look at Look'n'Feel xml file and I'm pretty impressed. Actually you've just found a guy who'll test it imidietly when it becomes available in UI-heavy project. We're using lots of different graphics for our dialogs, windows and buttons.

I managed to compile falagard branch, I'll test it now a little :).

Thanks guys for such great lib. I'd be very happy to give you something back.

Cheers,
Guyver

Return to “CEGUI Library Development Discussion”