question using setMouseCursor

For help with anything that CEGUI doesn't offer straight out-of-the-box, e.g.:
- Implementation of new features, such as new Core classes, widgets, WindowRenderers, etc. ...
- Modification of any existing features for specific purposes
- Integration of CEGUI in new engines or frameworks and writing of new plugins (Renderer, Parser, ...) or modules

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

kungfoomasta
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

question using setMouseCursor

Postby kungfoomasta » Sun Mar 12, 2006 23:34

Is there any easy way to make all windows have the same cursor image (setMouseCursor() function)? I'm currently making layouts in the editor using WindowsLook buttons and TaharezLook frameWindows, and the cursor changes from the arrow to the target cursor a lot.

If there isn't an easy way to do this, how do I go about iterating through all the windows to set each cursor image? I briefly saw the CEGUI::WindowManager::getIterator function, but how do I use this? (does that return an iterator to the beginning of a list of all the windows? If so, how do I know where the end of the list is, to properly make a for loop?)

Thanks in advance

Van
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Postby Van » Wed Mar 15, 2006 15:29

Set the mouse cursor ONE TIME when you create your ROOT Sheet (window) in code (or in ONE XML file) and don't set the cursor in all your XML files.

Example in code:

Code: Select all

CEGUI::System::getSingleton().setDefaultMouseCursor((CEGUI::utf8*)CEGUILOOK, (CEGUI::utf8*)"MouseArrow");

Return to “Modifications / Integrations / Customisations”