Problems signing up / Where's my activation email?

Forum for general chit-chat or off-topic discussion.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Problems signing up / Where's my activation email?

Postby CrazyEddie » Thu Mar 30, 2006 09:00

We are aware that some unfortunate people have some issues signing up for these forums, mainly concerning the non-arrival of the activation email messages. This is because we have been forewarned about you (yes YOU!) and do not want you posting on our forums...

... actually, that's just a joke :lol: If you are having this issue please read the information below:

First, some information about the way emails are handled.

We use Sourceforge for all of our hosting and outgoing mail for the project website, and so have to operate within certain restrictions. This means that emails originating from the site are not sent immediately, but are in fact batched and sent out once per hour.

So, before getting too excited about the non-arrival of your activation email, we first ask that you wait at least a couple of hours; first to ensure that the email has actually been sent, and secondly to allow for any delays or congestion on the 'net.

If after waiting the required amount of time your email has still not arrived, you can contact CrazyEddie to get your account activated manually. To do this, send an email to paul@cegui.org.uk and specify the username and email address you used to sign up with. You should get a response within 24 hours telling you that your account has been activated. Please do wait the required time though, as emails that arrive before the requested time has passed will be deleted ;)

Thanks for your understanding, and apologies if you happen to be one of the minority that this affects.

The CEGUI Team.
Last edited by CrazyEddie on Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:02, edited 1 time in total.

lindquist
CEGUI Team (Retired)

Postby lindquist » Mon May 08, 2006 18:20

As Crazy Eddie is away for a while, you can contact me to activate your account if you run into trouble.

Either stop by #cegui at irc.freenode.net or drop me an email.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Sun Jul 16, 2006 08:27

I am, once again, around.

So if you're going to email somebody it is acceptable to email either one of us; though please do refrain from emailing both of us ;)

Dalfy
CEGUI Team (Retired)

Postby Dalfy » Thu Mar 29, 2007 06:30

The mail sender script seems not to work lately. So new user please try to register wait for some time for the activation mail. If you don't get it please send a mail to dalfy@users.sourceforge.net with your login in the mail !!! Without the login I am not able to activate an account. Please also add CEGUI in the subject.

Return to “Offtopic Discussion”