Found a couple bugs - multiline error and color saving

Use this forum for:
- Discussion regarding unofficial CEGUI related tools, scripts and utilities.
- User to user help for the obsoleted CELayoutEditor and CEImagesetEditor tools.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

arkos
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Found a couple bugs - multiline error and color saving

Postby arkos » Mon Jun 05, 2006 05:20

Hey guys,

great job on the layout editor, keep up the good work. I don't know if anyone posted these bugs or not, but I hope this helps.

1. When I save a static text item with a return character in it, the layout editor saves the data correctly and in the game, the static text will have two lines. However when I reload that layout into the editor (file->open), the return character is not there and upon saving and running my app, the text will only be on one line.

2. I have posted before about color saving being a problem in the layout editor. The color for static text is by default black. When I change the color within the .layout text file and reload the layout in the editor, the text comes up in the correct color. However, when I save the file in the editor and then reopen it, the color goes back to black, this is very frustrating.

I don't mean to complain too much, like I said the editor is a great invention that saves an unbelievable amount of time. :D

Dalfy
CEGUI Team (Retired)

Re: Found a couple bugs - multiline error and color saving

Postby Dalfy » Mon Jun 05, 2006 09:02

arkos wrote:Hey guys,

great job on the layout editor, keep up the good work. I don't know if anyone posted these bugs or not, but I hope this helps.

It helps a lot, You might also use the bug tracker for such information
arkos wrote:1. When I save a static text item with a return character in it, the layout editor saves the data correctly and in the game, the static text will have two lines. However when I reload that layout into the editor (file->open), the return character is not there and upon saving and running my app, the text will only be on one line.

Fixed in the head revision

arkos wrote:2. I have posted before about color saving being a problem in the layout editor. The color for static text is by default black. When I change the color within the .layout text file and reload the layout in the editor, the text comes up in the correct color. However, when I save the file in the editor and then reopen it, the color goes back to black, this is very frustrating.

I don't mean to complain too much, like I said the editor is a great invention that saves an unbelievable amount of time. :D

Thanks for this we will try to fix it before the next release [EDIT] Has been added to Mantis: http://www.cegui.org.uk/mantis/view.php?id=65 [/EDIT]

Return to “Unofficial CEGUI-Related Tools”