Top line of widgets

For help with anything that CEGUI doesn't offer straight out-of-the-box, e.g.:
- Implementation of new features, such as new Core classes, widgets, WindowRenderers, etc. ...
- Modification of any existing features for specific purposes
- Integration of CEGUI in new engines or frameworks and writing of new plugins (Renderer, Parser, ...) or modules

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

marcolorusso
Just popping in
Just popping in

Top line of widgets

Postby marcolorusso » Thu Oct 05, 2006 08:21

I ported my project from 0.4.1 to 0.5.0 RC2, but I encountered a strange problem: the top line of pixels of all the widgets of the window disappears. The same happens for the fonts, as you can see here:

I use Irrlicht 1.1 & MSVC 2005 & Windows XP SP2

Any idea?

marcolorusso
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby marcolorusso » Mon Nov 06, 2006 13:47

I upgraded to 0.5.0 final, but still have the same problem. Any idea, plaese?

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Mon Nov 06, 2006 14:16

Somehow I managed not to see your original message, so was not aware of any issue until now :roll:

I'd seen an issue similar to this before (in the 0.3.x days) and thought it fixed - I believe it's effectively related to 'pixel centres' and what is considered inside / outside the target rendering area for a given image. Obviously there is some outstanding issue here.

Can you tell us which Graphics chipset this is using and any details about the underlying OpenGL or Direct3D setup.

Cheers,

CE.

marcolorusso
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby marcolorusso » Mon Nov 06, 2006 15:20

Many thanks for the quick answer.

Indeed, there is a problem with the graphic chipset. I have an ATI Radeon x700 with 64MB VRAM, and I have problems with both Direct3d and OpenGL drivers (whatever screen resolution, fullscreen or not).
On the contrary, right now I tested my software in a computer with a NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX, and it works fine.

My computer is a notebook ACER TravelMate 4100, 1.6GhZ, 512 MB RAM DDR2, with an Intel 915GM/915PM Express chipset

Hope this can help.

Marco

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Tue Nov 07, 2006 09:44

Hmmm. I'm not sure what to advise - it's definitely an 'external' issue.

Kind of annoying, since while it would be possible to 'fix' the issue by modifying the Irrlicht CEGUI renderer module, this of course this would throw off the results for other chipsets / drivers; so is not really a solution at all :?

The only other stuff I can come up with at the moment is "lame" things such as checking you have the latest driver (and if you already do, try an older set instead - sometimes bugs are introduced as well as fixed ;) ).

CE.

marcolorusso
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby marcolorusso » Thu Nov 30, 2006 18:05

Today I upgraded Irrlicht to 1.2 version, but the problem is not gone.

Moreover, I noticed that while if I select OPENGL driver (in Irrlicht) the problem appears only on some computers, if I select DIRECTX driver the problems appears in all the computers I tested.

Instead, using the OPENGL and DIRECTX CEGUI drivers (that is, not using Irrlicht) all works fine. So the problem seems to be clearly in the Irrlicht Renderer.

Anyone encountered the same problem?
Anyone is using Irrlicht with CEGUI 0.5.0?

Pompei2
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby Pompei2 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:44

My answer won't satisfy you, but it will keep that post active :)
marcolorusso wrote:Anyone encountered the same problem?

no
marcolorusso wrote:Anyone is using Irrlicht with CEGUI 0.5.0?

no

But did you already try to upgrade your graphicscard's drivers ? or try out an older version of them ? or try it on a linux if that is possible ?

marcolorusso
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby marcolorusso » Thu Dec 07, 2006 22:55

Pompei2 wrote:My answer won't satisfy you, but it will keep that post active :)

Many thanks :)

Pompei2 wrote:But did you already try to upgrade your graphicscard's drivers ? or try out an older version of them ?

No. As I wrote, the problem is not only with my own computer. In particular, if I set Direct3D as Irrlicht driver, the problem appears in all the computers I tested (5-6 computers).

Pompei2 wrote:or try it on a linux if that is possible

Not yet. I should try.

Return to “Modifications / Integrations / Customisations”